Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Circles and Bullets

I told you that my next blog would be about circles and bullets. I am a day late and a dollar short, but those of you that know me, know that is the norm with me. Ok, so on with circles and bullets. My Pastor (the best pastor in the whole world) mentioned in a leadership Meeting a couple of months ago, that it's important to be surrounded by people that would take a bullet for you. Then, the other day...Thursday...At Unleashed, Pastor Perry ('the other best Pastor in the whole world) was talking about circles. At the time, it was overwhelming for me and that's why I wanted to blog about it. I was overwhelmed, and the overwhelmingness (I know that's not a word) is gone, but I am still in the moment. I have a circle...and in that circle, I have people that would take bullets for me. That is very humbling, and then I was thinking about the people that I'm so very close too and who I would take a bullet for. I am truly blessed with wonderful people who I am lucky enough to call my entourage. The people that I would take bullets for know who they are. I never miss a chance, to let them know that they are important, that I love them, or that I've got their backs. Don't take anything for granted. I truly believe that your closest friends are the family you were lucky enough to pick. There is a sermon series that Elevation did last year. It's called Entourage and it's all about the people that are in your life. If you want some guidance...take a little while and watch some of the sermons from the series. It will make you see things a little more clearly for those that are fogged up. You can watch, or listen to the sermons at www.elevationchurch.org , or you can get the podcast off of Itunes. In the meantime, tell your people that you love them and that they are important.

No comments: